As the sun, summer heat, and SPF come raging a war on your pores here are my 10 Commandments to ensure a bright and beautiful complexion all year long!
- Always wear SPF-and remember to reapply and limit direct sunlight!
- Check cosmetic ingredients-watch out for skin aggressors
- Hydrate-moisturize skin and drink water (it is important to stay cool)
- Exfoliate regularly (without harsh rubbing)
- Get regular sleep, approx. 6-8 hours nightly
- Cleanse skin morning and night
- NEVER Sleep in makeup. Ever.
- Change pillow cases – and ensure they’re cotton
- Use Retinoids & other anti-aging ingredients (better to begin preventative treatment)
Last but not least….
10. Eat plenty of vegetables & exercise daily**
This is redundant but so important. Eating vegetables improves skin clarity because it provides vitamins and anti-oxidants to boost skin resiliency. Exercise reduces stress and also pushes out toxins through sweat. Increasing your heart rate pumps blood through the body quicker to provide cells with nutrients. Just make sure to clean your skin after every workout!
I hope you enjoyed my 10 Commandments to healthy skin, and if you did remember to like and follow my blog! Comment below what you want to try to do to improve your skin’s health!